Here are the names submitted. If you don’t see yours, alas, it was a reference to something that would have been unavailable to the denizens of 1874. I do try and keep some semblance of validity to my timeline, even though there may be a few tweaks. Pop culture references from future centuries…little too far out there. 😦
So we can remember whose name we are voting on:
- Elizabeth I
- Tabitha (suggested twice!)
- Princess Taffeta
Leave your choice as a number in a comment. We may have to have a second round of voting there are so many good ones!
- Henry V
- Bagheera (I can fudge twenty years…maybe meeting him gave Kipling the name…)
- Master of the Universe (because that could just be about attitude, letting it slide)
- Han (iffy, but it could be a non-Star Wars reference…)
Again, to vote, number in a comment.
- Calliope (suggested twice)
- Miss Fluffkins
- Anne (As in Queen Anne’s Lace)
- Mardi Gras
- Smaragda (explanation: means emerald in Green and her eyes are that color.)
Number in comment to vote…
I must say, I am very pleased with the number and variety of names we have to choose from. Thanks to ALL who ventured suggestions. I will speak to Priss and see if we can come up with a proper thank you. 😉
I will leave the voting open until the end of the month. Remember, the person whose name is chosen for a particular kitten will receive a prize that I am hoping they will be as excited by as I am, and their name in the acknowledgements of the book as well as it being the name of the kitten in future volumes.
Oh! And Jo will be appearing in a new story “It’s…Complicated” in the Lightships and Sabers anthology coming later in the year from Wolfsinger Publications. 🙂